Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Journey to a Healthier Me

Sorry for not posting in a while! I spent part of the last month recovering from a bought of lameness, but at least it gave me the idea for this blog post. :-) I am very thankful that Mom and Ms. Jean have helped me with several issues so that I can be the healthiest horse possible. I want to keep a list of what they've done. So, here are the things they've discovered so far and what they are doing to help:

  • High-level of strongyles parasites || Deworming treatments
  • Underweight, Weak Immune System || Specialized diet with alfalfa and rice bran supplements
  • Significant weakness, lack of muscle || Consistent and progressive workout plan under saddle
  • Sharp teeth || Teeth floated by Dr. J (see one of my previous posts!)
  • Melanomas || Twice daily doses of Cimetidine
  • Ulcers? (assessing) || For now, Pro-CMC before rides
  • Mild arthritis? (assessing) || Weekly Pentosan injections and a daily dose of Prevecox for a month
They've also worked with my farrier, Chris, to make sure I am properly balanced with the best type of front shoes and hind trims for my flat hooves. Plus, Mom makes sure I get all the preventative vaccines I could have so that I don't have to worry about coming down with something. I'm a very happy horse!

A Healthier, Happier Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment